Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all of these programs are non-credit-bearing programs from Columbia Business School. Columbia Business School faculty design the program curricula and teach the programs in pre-recorded videos. Students earn a Certificate of Completion from Columbia Business School for each program completed.
- Whether you are just thinking about what you’ll take in school, already majoring in business, or starting on your professional path, this program helps you discover the business area that’s right for you.
Online Program: 100% flexible between your start and end dates. The lesson content is asynchronous, meaning you study whenever you’d like. Offered year-round.
Online +Live Program: Includes everything offered in the online program plus live instructional zoom sessions with industry experts and guest speakers. Attendance is not a requirement for completion. This option is offered only in the summer.
- Yes, these programs are designed to be 100% flexible between your start and end dates. The lesson content is asynchronous, meaning you study whenever you’d like.
- Since no live meetings or specific study times are required, you can plan your program time around your other commitments as long as you have ~30 total hours to devote to the program.
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the red button at the bottom of this page to submit your question or request. If there is a space available in other dates, we will work with you to find one that best fits your schedule.
- We accommodate schedule changes whenever possible and are usually able to do so. However, note that it is best to contact us as soon as you know you need to make a change, as we cannot guarantee to accept program session changes within two weeks of your start date.
Yes, you can participate from any time zone. Mentors most frequently interact during daytime hours in U.S. time zones (U.S. PT/MT/CT/ET), but we have students from all over the world studying with us.
For Online +Live Program: The live sessions are generally held between 9 AM and 6 PM ET.
Program tuition is $1495.
+Live Program tuition is $1795.
There are no additional fees.
We accept most major credit cards (AMEX, Discover, Mastercard, Visa UnionPay, JCB, etc.), as well as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Alipay, and WeChat Pay.
We offer need-based scholarships to students exhibiting great potential who are unable to pay full tuition. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven't applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn't fill out a scholarship request, contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Are unsure whether you applied for a scholarship, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Click here to apply; you’ll be guided through the application. It’s only a few pages, and it takes just two minutes to get started. You won’t be required to provide transcripts or letters of recommendation. Instead, we will ask you for some basic information and to submit one brief personal statement. The entire application should take no more than 20-30 minutes.
- As we mentioned, we are looking for basic information and why you’re interested. You can complete your statement with a short essay, video, and/or other media files that tell your story.
- You must report your GPA (academic average), however, there is no minimum GPA requirement to be considered. The most important part of your application is your personal statement.
- While we welcome students whose native languages are not English, note that the program is taught in English, and application submissions must also be provided in English. Applications submitted in languages other than English will not be accepted.
- Students must be at least 13 years old
- You can apply to any program listed in the application with one application. Applying to multiple programs does not affect your chances of admission to any one program.
- If you are interested in more than one program, we strongly encourage you to choose different dates for each so that you have time to get the most out of each program.
You’ll usually be notified via email within 3 business days. At peak times or if we have questions about the information you’ve provided, it may take a few additional days to review your application and send you a decision.
- Both our online program & online +Live program options include engaging and interactive lectures via pre-recorded videos and support from program mentors.
- Online +Live programs also includes live instructional Zoom sessions.
- For both options, you complete assignments and other activities on your own schedule.
- You’ll receive expert guidance from a mentor via email, discussion board, and assignment feedback.
- In total, the program will take approximately 30 hours to complete from start to finish. Depending on the time of year, you may be able to choose between a 2-week option (~15 hour commitment per week) and a 4-week option (~7.5 hour commitment per week).
- Online +Live programs also include weekday Zoom sessions featuring guest speakers, group mentors, and interactive events with classmates. Students are encouraged to attend all sessions.
- Our program durations vary depending upon when you take the program. Currently we offer 2-week sessions or 4-week sessions depending on the time of year. Regardless of your selection, all options contain the same program content, sessions, and support.
- You have the flexibility to complete the program work on your own schedule, while keeping in mind that all work must be completed before the end of the 2-week or 4-week program you’re enrolled in.
- Note that you will continue to have view-only access to the program for 6 months from your program start date.
Once you’ve applied for and paid for the program, you’ll receive an online program invitation at least 2 days prior to your program start date. Students who enroll at or near the deadline may receive credentials slightly later.
No, these programs are for enrichment and do not provide college credit.
Participation in Columbia Business School's enrichment program program will not afford any preferential treatment in the Columbia Business School admissions process.
Assignments & Grading
Each unit assignment, as well as the Final Project, will be assessed on a rubric of:
- Complete - Work that satisfies the requirements of the assignment
- Incomplete - Work was not submitted or did not address the assignment requirements
Each program includes module assignments and culminates in one final project.
- You'll complete engaging, curated assignments at the end of each module aimed to solidify and reinforce your knowledge of the program content.
- Your final assignment is a project in which you will have the opportunity to demonstrate what you’ve learned in the program. You’ll choose from a variety of topics covered in your program, get feedback from your mentors on your work, and you’ll be able to use any media you prefer-- text, video, photography, or Powerpoint. Best of all, you'll be able to list your project on future college or internships applications.
You will have until the end of the program to complete your assignments and final project.
About the Instructors & Mentors
Mentors are well-versed in your program subject and will work with you throughout the program. Your mentor will provide encouragement and direction on assignments, as well as the inspiration and confidence to be successful. In short, you won’t need to go it alone.
Program mentors will support you by answering your program-related questions, providing guidance, encouragement, and recommendations throughout the program, and giving feedback on your assignments and the final project.
You’ll have the opportunity to connect with your mentor virtually during your program through the Canvas Inbox and discussion board. You can also expect to receive mentor feedback on program assignments and the final project. Reach out to your mentor whenever you have any questions or need support regarding your program content.
Refund Policy Information
- We know that plans and circumstances often change, so payments are 100% refundable when requested fifteen (15) or more days prior to your scheduled program start date.
- All payments become non-refundable fourteen (14) days prior to your scheduled program start date.
- A strong internet connection (WiFi or wired) is required as the program is online. Our digital program platform, Canvas, is compatible with most browsers and devices.
- We recommend using a desktop/laptop for the program, but it is mobile accessible. You can download the Canvas Student app on the App Store or Google Play.
- Download the Canvas Student app on the App Store or Google Play.
- Once downloaded, input Columbia Business School Enrichment Program under “What’s your school’s name?”
- Then, log in to Canvas with your credentials.
Enrolled students will receive program access via email at least 2 days prior to your program start date. Students who enroll at or near the deadline may receive credentials slightly later.
You must complete all of the assignments for your program by the end of your program session. You’ll have view-only access to the online program for 6 months after your end-date.
Still Need Support?
Click on the red button on the bottom right corner of this page or email us at email@example.com and a member of our Support Team will get back to you as soon as possible.